Unit 4 page 44

1. Complete these sentences with comparatives.
This café is very noisy. Can we go somewhere quieter?
That film sounds really boring. Murder city sounds more exciting
My job is quite good. It could be a lot worse
You seem happier today-you looked quite sad yesterday
The house was farther from the station than I thought

2. Complete the sentences below with a comparative and not as… as
a. The gold is more expensive than the silver. The silver watch isn’t as expensive as the gold
b. The Brighton train leaves later the London train. The London train doesn’t leave as late as the Brighton train
c. Health is more important to me than money. Money isn’t as important to me as health
d. Brown bread tastes is better tan white bread. White bread tastes isn’t as good as brown bread

3. Complete these sentences with superlatives
This jacket cost $ 350. It was the most expensive in the shop!
August is usually the hottest month in the UK. The temperature goes up to around 24 ·C
Sam is the tallest boy in the class. He is nearly two metres tall
This is fastest car I’ve ever had. It goes from 0-100 kilometres per hour in seven seconds
Michael is the friendliest man I’ve ever met. He loves to meet new people.

4. Complete the sentences using one of + a superlative + in/of
It was very hot day. It was one of the hottest day in the year
Susie’s a very good swimmer. She’s one of the best in Scotland.
Harry’s an intelligent boy. He’s one of most intelligent of school
It’s very old house. It’s one of the oldest in the town
It was a bad shock. It was one of the worse shock of my life
Marcos is a really brave soldier. He’s one of most brave of the army

5. Add a word to each sentence to make it correct
Do you know where can I pay by credit card?
Can you tell me where can I find a garage?
Do you know whose this is?
Do you know what time the next train of Manchester leaves?

6. Ask about the following things using Do you know…? Or Can you tell me
…?
Do you know where can I find cheap hotel?
Can you tell me where is Internet café near here?
Can you tell me how much take taxi to the airport?
Do you know if I need visa for I can go to Irland?

total english pre-intermidate student book