unit 3 page 34

1. Answer the questions below with going to and the word brackets
a. Have you had something to eat?
No, I’m going to have something to eat later
b. Have you taken the dog for a walk?
No, I’m going to take the dog for a walk after dinner
c. Have you bought Mary a birthday present?
No, I’m going to buy Mary a birthday present al the weekend
d. Have you painted the spare bedroom?
No, I’m going to paint the spare bedroom on Tuesday
e. Have you cleaned the bathroom?
No, I’m going to clean the bathroom in the morning

2. Make questions with going to for each situation
a. Your friend has said he definitely wants to give up smoking
When are you going to smoking?
b. Peter tells you that it’s Jane’s birthday next week
Are you going to give Jane’s present?
c. Your friend has bought a painting
Where is your friend going to put it?
d. You see a friend filling a bucket with hot water
Are you going to wash the car?

3. Make one sentence from two. Use who, which or where.
a. A waiter brought us our food. He was very friendly
The waiter brought us our food who was very friendly
b. This is a restaurant. John asked me to marry him here.
This is a restaurant where John asked me to marry him
c. A train goes to the airport. It run every twenty minutes
The train goes to the airport which runs every twenty minutes
d. Some men robbed the post office. They escaped in a black BMW
The mans robbed the post office who escaped in a black BMW
e. This is the corner of the road. The accident happened here
This is the corner of the road where the accident happened

4. Find and correct four Present Continuous mistakes in this conversation

A: Hi Tim! What do you do this evening?
B: Not a lot. Actually, I’m probably having quiet evening at home alone

A: Why don’t you come round to my house? I’m inviting a few friends over for dinner
B: I’m not sure. I’m quite tired
A: How about tomorrow night?
B: I’m going to see a film with my brother. Why don’t you come too?
A: Great! I’d love to

5. Write complete sentences about what the person is doing on each day
She is going to Dentist at 1 pm
She is going to eat lunch with Jenny at 2 pm
She is going to take Italian class at 6:30 pm

She is having on Tuesday
She is doing presentation to Sales Reps at 10 am
She is meeting with Marketing Director at 3 pm
She is calling phone US office at 6 pm
She is going to cinema with Nathan at 8 pm

6. Choose the correct word or phrase to complete the sentences
We’ve just bought a new electric cooker
Who is the new chef at the restaurant?
I want to be a vegetarian but I like meat much too.
I’d love to work abroad-perhaps in New York
That meal gets low marks from me. It was horrible!
That looks very tasty. Can I have some?
It smells great. How does it taste?
I’m cooking for Ruth tonight. Do you know a recipe for chicken and spinach?