PAGE 14 REVIEW AND PRACTICE UNIT ONE

1.
Each sentence has one word missing.Write the missing word in the correct place.Look at the symbols to help you.

I love the colour pink
I absolutely love the colour pink

1) I'm quite on watching football
I'm always watch football

2) I stand science fiction films(that isn't correct)
I watch sience fiction films.(that is correct)

3) I like sending text message
I absolutely like sending text message

4) I really the winter(that isn't correct)
I dislike really the winter(that is correct)

5) I quite pizza
I absolutely love to eat pizza

6) I absolutely going to the beach
I absolutely love go to the beach

7) I mind getting up early
I dislike to get up early

8) I not very keen on dancing
I am not very keen by dancing

2. Complete the dialogues with the correct form of the present simple

1) A:DO YOU GET UP(YOU/GET/UP)EARLY?
B:YES,I DO.IN THE WEEK I GET UP AT ABOUT 6:30.

2) A:WHAT TIME DO YOU START TO WORK?
B:At about 9:00.I GOING TO THE BED EARLY

3) A: DO YOU DO GO TO THE BED BEFORE TEN O'CLOCK?
B:NO, I DON'T,BUT I FALL ASLEEP IN FRONT OF THE TV MOST NIGTHS



4) A:DO YOU HAVE A SNACK BEFORE YOU GO TO BED?
B:NO, I DON'T I HAVE DINNER LATE EVERY EVENING


5) A:MY BROTHER IS A REALLY GOOD SWIMER.
B:DOES HE SWIM A LOT?


6) A:YES,HE DOES HE GETS UP VERY EARLU AND

SWIM FOR TWO HOURS BEFORE BREAKFAST.THEN HE GOES BACK TO THE SWIMING POOL AFTER WORK.

B:DOES HE GO OUT WITH HIS FRIENDS MUCH?


7)A:ONLY AT WEEKEDS HE DOSEN'T GO OUT IN THE WEEK AT ALL





3. COMPLETE THE DIALOGUES USING ONE OF THE VERBS BELOW IN THE PRESENT CONTINUOS



A:WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT THE MOMENT?
B:I'M GOIN ON A BUS WITH SOME FRIENDS.

A:WHAT ABOUT YOU?
B:I HAVE LUNCH WITH MY FAMILY

A:IS JACK WATCHING TV?
B:NO,HE ISN'T.HE CHECKING HIS EMAILS.

A:ARE YOU AND JOHN DOING ANY EXCERSICE AT THE MOMENT?
B:YES,LOST WE WALKING TO WORK AND WE GETTING TAKE-AWAY PIZZAS AT THE MOMENT

4.CHOOSE THE CORRECT ALTERNATIVES.

I USUALLY GO TO WORK BY CAR

1.LISTEN TO THAT MAN.WATH LANGUAGE OES HE SPEAK?
2.IT ISN'N RAINING MUCH IN THE SUMMER HERE
3.YOU'RE WORKING VERY HARD TODAY
4.DO YOU PREFER TEA OR COFFEE?
5.I STAYING AT THE HOTEL IN LONDON FOR A WEEK.
6.WHO'S THAT WOMAN?WHAT IS SHE WANTING

5.COMPLETE THE QUESTIONS WITH RHE CORRECT VERB.

DO YOU WATCH TV EVERY EVENING?

1.HOW OFTEN DO YOU GO CLOBBING?
2.DO YOU NEED AN ALARM CLOCK TO WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
3.DO YOU HAVE A SNACK BEFORE YOU GO TO BED?
4.DO YOU USUALLY LISTEN TO THE RADIO AT WORK?
5. WHERE DO YOU USUALLY DO YOUR HOMEWORK?
6.DO YOU FIND IT EASY TO FALL ASLEEP?
7.HOW OFTEN DO YOU CATCH A BUS TO WORK?
8.HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHAT ON THE PHONE TO YOUR BEST FRIEND?